Thursday, July 2, 2009

Not so fast.......

I started viewing General Assembly online this morning and was shocked to see them voting for General Superintendent again. I did some searching and found that early this morning Dr. John Bowling had rescinded his election as the 38th General Superintendent. You can read more by clicking here.

The assembly moved to electing a new General Superintendent and very quickly elected Stan Toler. Stan is a pastor in Oklahoma and was just recently elected the DS for his district. Stan is a prolific author and public speaker. You can read more about Stan by clicking here and here.

2 comments:

Jeanell Climer said...

I read a book by Stan Toler a few years back called "The Five Star Church". Awesome book and really made me look at the ministry I was in charge of differently.

miskel said...

I was also surprised to see that they were electing another. I was watching the count throughout the morning to see, and was surprised Dr. Toler was elected (not because of anything other than that his numbers were much lower compared to others early in the vote).

I have enjoyed the updates I've received throughout the week. Wish I was there...