Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Father-Daughter fishing

My eldest daughter Katie and I were invited by one of her school chums to come along fishing with she and her Dad on the fourth of July. I haven't had a fishing license in over 5 years but we gladly accepted. I am what I call a casual fisherman. If some one asks me to go I'll come along with them but I don't ever think of going fishing on my own. I did fish a fair amount in college with my roommate so I have all the gear and look the part even though I am NOT much of a fisherman. I go along for the friendship and camaraderie.

We went up to the Bebe bridge near Chelan Falls and fished in the Columbia near a creek inlet to the river. We had a good time with each other although the girls were more excited to swim and giggle than fish. Katie did catch one fish and I caught 3. There were all the same kind of fish although I have no idea what kind of fish it is. Who can help me out? What kind of fish is this? Here's Katie with her catch!

2 comments:

Jeanell Climer said...

I would say it is a slimy fish.... does that count?

grammasnotes said...

I have some good fishing memories -- tho we really aren't fishermen either....
My dad took all 7(!) of us on Labor Day once or twice. We had a stack of cane polls. I hated the being quiet and waiting, waiting, waiting. :)
Then Larry took our girls to a stocked pond when they were 6 or under. The oldest screamed when she got a fish on her line. When she reeled it in, she thrust the pole at him, and ran off the dock. So much for that! But you're right, the fun is the time together.