Friday, January 8, 2010

The substitute

I've always been a little different. In lots of different ways and in different situations. My family of origin is no exception. My parents are both retired elementary teachers and my sister is currently an elementary teacher. I always liked going to visit my parents classrooms but I also knew it wasn't the right path for me.

Today I had the opportunity to substitute teach in Katie's 6th grade class. Her teacher hurt his back and will be out for a few weeks. I only filled in for their history hour but I had a great time and the kids were all wonderful. But I'm not planning on going back to school to get my teaching certificate.

1 comment:

Skid said...

You look quite dapper with the tie and vest. Did Katie survive the trauma of having her Dad be the Sub. I remember the grief that we use to give the Subs when I was that age. It looks like you survived.